Friday, March 1, 2013

22 week update

Considering I am just now starting my blog, I already am 22 weeks pregnant, 5.5 months. Over half way there, yay! But just recently is finally when I popped and woke up looking pregnant too. I haven't had anything until maybe two weeks ago, I got the belly and the kicking all in one. Being so small already my doctor told me that I would end up popping about this time, and she was definitely right. I have had three ultrasounds, one extra because he moves so much they didn't get all the necessary pictures for the doctor. It's been such an easy pregnancy too, I couldn't complain about one thing.
 
How far along: 22 weeks, 5.5 months

Gender: Boy

Total Weight Gain: only 4 pounds!

Maternity Clothes: Oh all the way now, they are so much more comfortable and luckily I have had some great hand me downs of all the essentials. Who needs to spend money on clothes they will wear for 9 months?

Stretch Marks: not yet, moisturising moisturising (fingers crossed)

Sleep: eh not so great, one night I will sleep amazing! Then the next, its just I toss and turn and just cannot get comfortable at all. I have a Leachco Grow to Sleep - Adjustment Body pillow though... looks intense, but it seriously helps.

Movement: One of the absolute best feelings is when you finally get to feel your baby moving and kicking. My little man is a mover too, he is non stop it seems like. This just started within the last two weeks and it is so surreal. Garrett even got a feel.

Belly Button: Considering I already had an outie, my outie is even a more intense outie now!

Moods: Happy! I just am so excited, I don't feel like I have been one of those crazy emotional wreck kinda pregnant women. Everything has been so easy for me, no sickness, no nothing! Its been wonderful.

Looking forward too: Starting my complete DIY nursery which I will be posting all about. I am making everything, even my bedding because I just could not find boys bedding that I liked well enough so I have some great ideas that I can't wait to share!

Not looking forward too: Getting my glucose test next appointment in March!

Nutrition/ Workouts: I walk so much at school, that is honestly a great way to get my exercise. Its recommended for pregnant women to exercise by just taking a nice walk, and I do that constantly. I also will go get on the elliptical occasionally and do some strength training. Nutrition, I try to be as healthy as possible. I do splurge but every so often when I might have a slight craving, but I really try to eat as healthy as possible. The whole "eating for two" myth is not real, as long as you're never hungry and adding about 300 calories a day that's plenty for a mommy and baby.

3 comments:

  1. Shelby!
    I cannot believe you are pregnant...how exciting!!! You are going to be a great mother to a beautiful boy:) Can't wait to read along. Hope you are doing well:)

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Molly, pretty unplanned but God has a plan! So I'm doing great, love you pretty girl. Congrats on your beautiful marriage too!

      Delete
  2. Shelby! Digging the blog!! Also you are pregnant! This is going to be one cute baby! You are handling it beautifully it seems, God truly does have a plan and everyone's story looks different and this is going to be one heck of a story and a testimony. I'm super proud of you and what your doing!

    MacKenzie

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs